CUSTOMER SERVICE FAQ
As a helpful and quick resource, we have prepared a list of answers to your most frequently asked questions. Please be advised, if you call Customer Care, you may experience a longer wait time than normal. We appreciate your patience as we help clients impacted by COVID-19.
Branch Banking Services
A: We have established procedures to keep clients and colleagues safe. As you plan to visit, please be mindful of the following:
- Face coverings are required for colleagues and clients inside the branch lobby.
- Each branch has capacity protocols. If capacity has been met, we may ask you to wait before entering the branch.
- Plexiglass shields and foot markers have been added to help ensure 6-foot social distancing.
A: You are welcome to visit one of our branch locations with lobby access. Click here to view list.
Or, you may request an appointment. Branch locations open for drive-up services have in-person appointments only. If you need to speak to a banker in person, we have four convenient ways to request an appointment.
- Online Reservation. Request Appointment Here
- Log into Online Banking
- Log into the Consumer Mobile Banking App
- Contact Customer Care at 800-322-3623
A: No, an appointment is not required. You can simply walk into the branch, if not at max capacity, and complete your banking service. If you have a scheduled appointment, you would have priority access to enter the lobby.
A: We have extended the services offered in our Drive-Ups, including:
- Cash Advances
- Check Cashing
- Counter/Temporary Checks
- Coin Counting
- Instant Issue Debit Card
- Money Orders & Official Checks
- Real Estate Tax & Utility Payments (Where Applicable)
Online & Mobile Banking Services
A: Yes. Log into the First Midwest Bank Consumer Mobile app and tap on the “More” tab along the bottom. Choose “Card Controls” to set your controls or choose “Alerts” to modify your debit card alerts.
A: To reset your Online Banking password, click the forgotten password link under the password box. If your password is locked, please follow the prompts through our verification process, so you can reset your password. If you still need assistance signing on, please contact Online Banking & Mobile Support at 877-203-6724.
A: Use the Consumer Mobile banking app to access Zelle®. Zelle® is a safe, and easy way to send money directly between bank accounts, typically within minutes. With an email address or a U. S mobile phone number, you can send money to people you trust. Click here to learn more.
A: When you use Mobile Check Deposit within our Consumer Mobile App, you can now deposit up to $10,000 in total deposits in one Business Day with no limits on the number of checks.
When you use Mobile Check Deposit within our Business Mobile App, you can now deposit up to $20,000 in total deposits in one Business Day with no limits on the number of checks.
For check deposits exceeding the limits above, please visit a please visit our locator page to find the most convenient branch Drive-Up or ATM near you.
Deposit & Loan Services
A: If you find yourself facing financial difficulties as a result of COVID-19, we have several deferral programs for consumer and small business clients. Please contact Customer Care at 800-322-3623 to get directed to the appropriate representative. Learn more on our COVID-19 Resources page.
A: We offer multiple ways to make your loan payment (personal loan, mortgage, home equity). Those include:
- Use Just Pay It: If you do not have a deposit account at the bank, Just Pay It allows you to make a one-time electronic payment on any consumer loan. Make a payment or learn more here.
- Mail your loan payment to:
First Midwest Bank
Bedford Park, IL 60499-0125
A: We offer two convenient ways to obtain a new debit card:
- Visit a drive-up location near you to get an instantly-issued debit card.
- Contact Customer Care at 800-322-3623 to order a debit card. Your card will be mailed within 7-10 business days. Your PIN number will be sent separate from your card
A: You will receive a maturity notice approximately ten days prior to the maturity date. On the date the CD matures, you have ten days to decide what you would like to do with the funds.
- Keep the CD for the same term – we will automatically renew it at the rate in effect at maturity.
- Change the rate or term of the CD – please call Customer Care at 800-322-3623. A representative can connect you with a First Midwest Banker.
- Cash in the funds – please call Customer Care at 800-322-3623 to have the funds deposited to another account.
Economic Stimulus Updates
A: The government passed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) on March 27, 2020. The CARES Act provides economic impact payments for those who qualify.
A: The most convenient way is with the First Midwest Bank Mobile app. In the app, tap on the “+” and then tap on “Deposit.” You can also bring your check to any open First Midwest Bank or deposit at a First Midwest Bank ATM. Find a nearby First Midwest Branch or First Midwest ATM.
A: Visit the IRS web site and click on the “Get My Payment” button to add your First Midwest Bank account information.
First Midwest Bank’s routing number is 071901604. It is located on the lower left corner of your personal check, next to your account number.
A: The U.S. Treasury has an online tool to help track the status of stimulus payment checks. You can click on the “Get My Payment” button to track your payment, including the date it’s scheduled to be direct deposited or mailed. Track your payment on the IRS' web site.
A: There have been a growing number of fraud-related schemes. Please verify the legitimacy of any organization or individual who is asking you to provide them with sensitive data or personally identifiable information. Criminals use email, websites, phone calls, text messages, and even fax messages for their scams. If we reach out to you, we will never ask for confidential information such as your name, password, personal identification number (PIN) or other account information. If you have a question or want to confirm if a message is from First Midwest Bank, please contact Customer Care at 800-322-3623.
Small Business Administration Paycheck Protection Program
A: We are still accepting applications! If you are interested in applying for an SBA PPP loan, please reach out to your Relationship Manager or call our dedicated SBA PPP Call Center at 855.206.1944 between 8am - 5pm CDT, Monday-Friday.
A: The SBA has announced preliminary guidance on loan forgiveness for PPP loan recipients. If you received PPP funding, we strongly suggest:
- Reviewing SBA Form 3508, also known as the Paycheck Protection Program Loan Forgiveness Application. View it here.
- Organizing and saving the applicable documentation listed on Page 10.